Waycation

Way.ca.tion: A rest for the mind; an unconventional method of escaping the moment and returning refreshed and better than before.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A KIT FOR THE HOLIDAYS. . . .AND BEYOND

Between the holidays and end of the year deadlines, the last three months of the year can generate an incredible increase in stress. I’ve given a stress reduction kit to clients as a gift that I recommend keeping at work, home and in the car. While the kit isn’t the complete answer to the revved-up tensions that happen during the holidays, it sure helps.

The point of this Survival Kit is to control the anxiety and tension that comes from all that money you’re spending, long lines and crowded streets the holidays can bring. I love everything I’m recommending. The key is not just putting the kit together but giving it a try. Trust me, being prepared will make a very big difference.

Find a nice bag (a baggie if you have to).

Then add in an assortment of teas. NOTHING WITH CAFFEINE! Use good Chamomile or Peppermint tea… I like tea by Celestial Seasoning called Mood Mender. I like to mix up the teas but if you choose just one for your Survival Kit, that’s okay.

These calming, herbal teas became my “little friends” during intense meetings. I first started drinking these teas when I worked in Corporate America some years ago. I quickly discovered that there are times to drink coffee and times to drink soothing herbal teas, and knowing these times became part of my survival.

Next, get yourself some vitamin C 1000 milligram packets that come in a box and can be purchased at any store. Not only will it help to stave off a cold, but one packet diluted in water will give you much-needed energy. Don’t forget to keep Airborne at home and the office.

Of course, you’ll need a hot and cold cup and, since most people, these days carry around bottled water, add one to two packets of “C” or water in your cup. Cheers!

Don’t live without Bach’s Rescue Remedy in your life from this point forward.
Rescue Remedy is great during stressful times. It’s calm in a bottle; a tasteless herbal concoction that’s one of the great inventions of modern times. It only takes a few drops in your water bottle or under your tongue and voila! What looked like an insurmountable obstacle becomes a very manageable challenge. I should own stock in this stuff. I simply love it!! When taken during demanding times it has a re-centering and calm effect.

Lastly, folks, though it won’t fit in your bag. Do what I call “stepping out of the ring.” I know you want to work through lunch because you “just want to get the job done,” and sometimes you must, however, commit to stepping out of the ring of intense energy by walking, or any other physical exercise, 3 times a week at lunch.

By using the tricks in your Survival Bag, not only will you find yourself calmer during these crazy times, but you’ll be able to enjoy them.

Peace on Earth……

No comments:

Post a Comment