Waycation

Way.ca.tion: A rest for the mind; an unconventional method of escaping the moment and returning refreshed and better than before.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Eight More Day’s till Christmas……..

Self Quiz

Are You Too Busy? How Can You Tell?

Although it may not always seem so, how we fill and spend our time is our choice. Answer the following questions to discover if you're caught up in the "too-busy" cycle.

True | False
TrueFalse
1. I constantly find myself doing "urgent" things and trying to catch up.
TrueFalse
2. I allow myself to drift into obligations before I know how much time or energy they'll require.
TrueFalse
3. I find myself running from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night. I'm always tired and never feel that I accomplished enough.
TrueFalse
4. I seldom schedule a day off for myself and when I do, I tend to fill it with activities.
TrueFalse
5. I don't make time for self-care: physical exercise, nurturing or pampering myself, cultural stimulation, spiritual well-being, learning something new, playing or simply doing nothing.
TrueFalse
6. I seldom have time to do the things I really love. My work and project areas are cluttered with "I'll look at this later" stacks and "to-do" piles.
TrueFalse
7. I often miscalculate how long activities will take.
TrueFalse
8. I often miss deadlines or work long hours to meet a deadline.
TrueFalse
9. I respond to interruptions such as phone calls, text messages and email, and allow them to take me off track.
TrueFalse
10. I try to keep things in my head rather than making lists. If I do make a daily "to-do" list, it's impossible to complete in a day.
TrueFalse
11. I tend to move from one urgent thing to the next, rather than working toward specific goals and objectives.
TrueFalse
12. I find myself constantly wishing I had more time or projecting an imaginary future
when I have more time, making comments such as "as soon as..." or "next year..."
TrueFalse
13. I spend time running errands and rushing because I didn't plan well enough.

TrueFalse
14. I spend time doing things I could pay someone else to do.
TrueFalse
15. I often do things because I "should," or continue to do things that no longer fit who I am.
TrueFalse
16. Other people complain that my schedule doesn't allow enough time for them.

If you answered "true" to many of these questions and would like to explore ways to slow down your life, please don't hesitate to call: 510.393.0250

Ahh rump-pa-pomp-pomp......

No comments:

Post a Comment