Waycation

Way.ca.tion: A rest for the mind; an unconventional method of escaping the moment and returning refreshed and better than before.

Friday, February 4, 2011

About Anger Management

What is the process for finding anger triggers?

I am an evidence-based Anger Management program. I use an evidence-based assessment with both a pre and post component. The assessment I use allows me to know what a person's triggers are and is 100% reliable. An assessment is not necessarily the only route in finding a person's triggers, however using an assessment component is the fastest and most efficient way to find clients triggers. Using an assessment component for all entering clients allows me to customize and specialize my practice of anger management for each individual client.

An assessment component is like having a map that tells me on day one where I need to go with a client. A genuinely qualified Anger Management provider uses an assessment component. I often tell people that if you live in SF and you have to go to San Diego you can pretty well get to your destination because SD is simply "down" from SF. You can get there even though you will probably have to stop a few times without a map or directions. However, if you have a GPS system and/or a map, you can get to San Diego quickly and efficiently with few to no stops and in less time with no mistakes. Because I have an assessment as a personal map for each client, from day one I can immediately identify trigger's and the healing work can begin literally in the first meeting.

Triggers without an assessment can be found; however, it will probably take several weeks to grasp what is going on with the client. After several weeks working with me in my practice, a client is well on the way to greater control and management skills. I believe that people should get back to the business of living and loving their lives without the debilitating behavior of uncontrollable anger, so I opt for the quickest and most efficient way to move people forward.

For more information please call the Anger Management institute: 510.393.0250

No comments:

Post a Comment